Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Goooood Morning - Day 15

Good Morning all!
I hope everyone had a great turkey weekend. I did! I am feeling good except for getting exhausted really easily. But the nausea and headaches have gone away. YIPPEE!

Saturday we went apple picking at Apple Land. Won't be going back there ever! They charged $3 per person just to get on the farm plus the cost of a 10 or 20 lb bag for the apples. There was no extra charge last year so it seems like a money grab. BUT we had a nice time walking around and getting some fresh air. Then we went to Under the the Volcano for dinner with the fam and ate yummy chips and guacamole. No tacos - but the salad was good! After that we headed to Amber and Amanda's bday party. I won the game woohoo and got a Cheetah Girls barbie!
On Sunday I realized I had pushed myself a little too much on Saturday cuz I was super tired. We went to my Grandpa's house for turkey dinner and my mom had even made stuffing from gluten free bread! yummm. I got to see cousins and Aunts and Uncles for the first time since being diagnosed. I left feeling exhausted but it was a great afternoon and I am glad that most of the family could be there.
Yesterday Teresa and I went to see Couples Retreat which was pretty funny and then I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. So the fridge is stocked with a ton of leftovers from the weekend which is exciting!

Today I am going to art therapy which is a bit intimidating because I am not sure what to expect... but I am going to give it a try and see how it goes. I told Mom and Dad they may have some artwork for the fridge after I'm done.
Theres one week left til the next chemo so I am just trying to relax and destress this week in preparation. I am starting to lose some body hair and my scalp has been ultra sensitive. I bet I will lose my hair all of a sudden after next chemo. I am prepared for it... but I thought it would happen sooner. This whole thing is a mental game... and I am working through things one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment