Monday, October 19, 2009

Cycle 1 Day 21!!

Its the last day before next chemo! Aaron and I just got back from the Cancer Clinic where I had my blood test and consult with Dr. Dingle. The tumor has shrunk after just 1 chemo which gives meaning to why I am going through all of this. It was originally 4x6 cm and today it measured in at 3x4 cm which probably isn't totally accurate cuz its hard to even feel where it is now. Dr. Dingle said its better than what they were expecting, so thats exciting. After that appointment I met with the Social Worker for a quick check in.

Tomorrow is Chemo round deux. Mel and Aaron are coming with me and Mel's gonna hang out with me for the rest of the day when Aaron has to go to work.
I would estimate my head hair is 65% gone and its itchy wearing a a hat all the time because of the prickliness but its too cold to not wear one!

I have to go to the Ministry of Transportation today because I realize my license expires Sunday. I will break out one of the wigs for the picture. I'm going to relax the rest of the day and maybe have a nap and then its dinner and Lord of the Dance with Mom tonight. Woohoo! Gonna pack my chee-mo bag so I am all set for tomorrow - magazine, mints, drink, snack, hand sanitizer, scarf!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow
    i will be thinking about you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad to hear its shrinking already. That's positive news already. At first I read that you were going to go pack your "chee-to bag" and I was wondering why eating cheetos was so exciting. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news Sammy. It must really help to know that everything you are going through as a result of the chemo is worth it.

    Good luck with the chemo today, and hopefully this round will shrink it that much again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, I hadn't checked your block in a couple of days and it's defintely good news about the shrinkage!
    Unlike Janan, I thought that you were packing your chee-ball and wondered when you'd have time to fit in a bit of pilates! XO

    ReplyDelete