Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MUGA WHA!?

So the MUGA scan turned out to be very uneventful... they took some blood, separated the red blood cells and inserted radioactive material and gave it back to me (injection). Then I had to lie on a table'y thing and this hunk of flat plastic (I am sure theres more to it) was moved close to my chest. Next thing I know the technologist told me.."ok one more picture to go"...I then asked when the lights and noises were going to start!? haha I guess cuz the only thing I had to compare it to was an MRI which buzzzes and bangs and is bright (ask Ashraf for a great impression). She told me this was one of the most uneventful tests and I have to agree although I still don't like having blood taken.. BAHH. Mom and I have agreed that blood taking is a skill...

Aaron suggested I shave the hair on my arm where they stick tape to hold the cotton ball down. Good call... why didn't I think of this sooner!? HA

Tomorrow I am going for another core biopsy at St. Joe's which needs to be done before they perform the rest of the tests (bone scan, CT scan, MIBI). Then I have to head to LHSC to the Cancer Clinic to meet Dr. Brackstone who is heading the study and get me all set up.

Moms been taking me to all these test while Aaron is sleeping cuz he's on midnight. She's been keeping me busy which I really appreciate although it was nice to finally come home and rest.

I saw Dr. Shaw my naturopath yesterday and she's referred me to a Naturopathic Dr. in London that specializes in oncology. There are apparently a lot of natural things I can do (supplements, herbs, juicing, vit C therapy) that will make the journey easier. I am looking forward to pursuing these possibilities!

I am feeling restless today... I just want things to move forward. Although I am being reassured by my family doc and all the other medical people involved that this whole process is moving quickly. But for me it feels like FORRREEVERRR. It feels like my life is still while everyone elses is moving forward. But I don't know if thats 100% negative because I am taking some "me" time, seeing what really matters and blah blah all that stuff.


NEXT
- Tomorrow: Core Biopsy, meet Study Surgeon

2 comments:

  1. I love the blah blah following what really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sammy!
    Glad to hear today's test were ok and not too stressful. Sounds like tomorrow is another full day. Hopefully its not too bad and you will be chillaxed in your new lululemons :) Mom told me about the juicing, very exciting! I have been making smoothies in my magic bullet but it is very loud and I feel bad for my neighbours so I don't make them in the morning hahah. I'm going to try some recipes from the gluten free book this weekend so I'll let you know how I do.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete